When applying for jobs, it’s crucial to have a strong resume and a comprehensive cover letter. Let’s talk about building a resume first. Building a resume can take time… You may know your qualifications, but when it comes down to building a resume, the process is much more complicated. Luckily, VetCV can help you with that! In this blog posts, we will show you how our Military Resume Builder will structure your resume so you won’t have to worry about formatting, placing the right headings, using the right fonts, etc. Focus on your qualifications and we’ll do the rest. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use our Military Resume Builder.
3 Steps to use the Military Resume Builder
1st Step: My Resume page
Here’s how you start using it:
- The first thing you need to do is log in to your VetCV Vault. If you don’t have a VetCV account yet, click here to create your FREE account.
- After you log in, you’ll land on your Dashboard
- On your Dashboard, click on the Careers > Resume tab. You’ll be redirected to the My Resume page – just like the one below:
2nd Step: Experience
Now it’s time to leverage your experiences and start using the military resume builder functionality inside your vault. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on thesign on the right of each section (You’ll see different sections like Basic Info, Military Service, Security Clearance, Work Experience, and more).
- Fill out each required field in a section. ProTip: remember to spell all military acronyms, try not to use a lot of military jargons, etc. Click here to download our FREE Guide on How to Create a Civilian Resume.
- After you’re done filling out a section, don’t forget to click the Save button at the bottom. Here’s a quick example:
3rd Step: View it & Download it
After you enter all the information you want on your resume, it’s time to let our Military Resume Builder do the work. We recommend you view it first or let someone else take a look at it before you download it to make sure you put all the right information. Here’s how to do it:
- If you just want to view it, you can click on the View button in the top right corner
- If you want to download your resume, you just need to click the Download button in the top right corner too. Check the image below!
- After clicking on the Download button, you will get a PDF version of your resume that is ready to use! Your resume will be accessible inside your Vault at any time.
The path to starting your career begins with your resume. We hope that our military resume builder can help you structure your resume faster and better than ever! Also, we hope that you have a clear understanding of how to build your resume on VetCV! Click the Login button below to login to your VetCV Vault, build your resume, and apply for jobs!